Operate multi-line switchboard in a professional, competent, and courteous manner. Provide assistance and support to the Personal Lines team enabling the team to focus on overall sales goals and objectives. This position will process policy work in an accurate and timely manner. Serve as the “Director of First Impressions” while interacting with clients, co-workers, and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieve and distribute phone messages, faxes, and incoming phone calls.
- Clean out daily suspense file and claim file
- Print and distribute company reports
- Run daily endorsement reports for various carriers
- Create and mail claims correspondence (i.e. post cards and letters)
- Check in endorsements and new policies
- Maintain customer files (payment confirmation, cancellation, non-pay, reinstatement, underwriting notices, etc.)
- Assist team members as requested
- Send Auto Ids to clients
- Process mortgage changes
- Processed non-downloaded policies
- Complete and forward Umbrella questionnaires to Customer Service Agents
- Backup incoming/outgoing mail
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or the recognized equivalent in education and experience, required
- Applied TAM or similar agency management software experience, preferred
- Possess strong administrative and computing skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Willingness to work in a part-time job share arrangement
- Willingness to occasionally work 40 hour work weeks to cover vacation time of job share partner
- Ability to discern priorities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, detail oriented.
- Ability to deal with all agency and company personnel in a professional manner.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Excellent interpersonal skills (pleasant personality, willingness to help regardless of customer attitude)
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Ability to operate in an environment of constantly shifting priorities
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.