CHILD WELFARE CASE AIDE
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To provide a variety of supportive services with, or on behalf of, the child welfare caseworkers, foster parents, children in foster care placement and/or the members of the birth family. The primary activities will be:
- Supervising visitation between foster children and their birth family.
- Transporting children to visitation, appointments or other events as indicated within the Case Plan.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Preference for an Associate’s degree in social work or other related human services area.
- Preference for previous experience with children and families (education, day care, recreation, etc.).
- Valid Michigan’s Driver’s License and fully covered automobile insurance.
- Must have an understanding of the needs of children and families, particularly those with at-risk needs (low income, addiction, mental illness, etc.).
- A familiarity with the resources and services of Livingston County is preferred.
- Flexible schedule, including weekend availability.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
This position will work a varying schedule, typically 12-18 hours weekly.
EOE. Resume and cover letter by August 6th to: LCCC, 2020 E. Grand River, #104, Howell, MI 48843 or email: email@example.com